About the Position
Anova Consulting Group is looking for a Mid-Senior Level PHP / Drupal Developer for a 6-month contract position in the Greater Boston area. If you are looking for challenge and variety in development work in an entrepreneurial and collegial environment, you may be a good fit for this position.
As a member of the Anova team, you will help to translate internal and client business needs and processes into web-based applications. The job will entail building, administering, and supporting websites, portals and applications on Linux servers and other Open Source technologies.
During the contract, you will work at the direction of senior development team members at our third-party database services / technology consulting firm, DTA Inc.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who enjoys finding solutions to complex business challenges, takes initiative, is detail-oriented, and takes tremendous pride in their work.
About Anova Consulting Group, LLC
Established in 2005 and based in Brookline, MA, Anova Consulting Group is a leading market research and consulting firm focused on B2B win loss analysis and client satisfaction analysis. Anova’s clients are leading firms in the financial services, enterprise technology, and healthcare verticals. By helping our clients understand why they win, lose and retain business, Anova provides strategic perspectives to its clients, enabling better decision-making, product development, sales effectiveness, client service, and continuous improvement.
As a small but growing company, Anova Consulting Group, LLC has significant opportunities for advancement and provides hires extensive exposure to a range of responsibilities.
For detailed information about our company, please visit our website at http://www.anovaconsulting.com
- Participate in a team-oriented environment to develop and maintain complex web-based PHP applications.
- Maintain existing codebase, including troubleshooting bugs and adding / deploying new features.
- Write technical as well as non-technical specifications along with recording all procedures and resolving issues.
Routine Tasks Overview
- Build and enhance websites, portals and applications for internal and client usage.
- Work with other members of the Anova team to assist with client projects, support tickets and various tasks.
- Implement operational support for websites and applications by automating routine maintenance tasks.
- Build operations documents (cookbooks) of website administration tasks for team members.
- Perform website administration tasks as needed in conjunction with DTA staff.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have 4-6 years development experience with PHP in a small to medium business environment with contribution in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Must have an understanding of open source projects like Drupal, Joomla, Wikis, OsCommerce, etc. – Drupal expertise strongly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated web development skills (e.g., through a portfolio of work, storyboards, technical diagrams etc.).
- Must have knowledge and experience of working on frameworks like CodeIgniter, Zend, CakePHP etc.
- Must have experience in Apache and other webserver administration on Linux platforms
- Nice to have command level fluency and shell scripting experience in a mix of Linux and Windows environments.
- Nice to have experience in basic MySQL administration – configuration, backups, replication etc.
- Nice to have knowledge of version control tools (SVN, GIT) and of building web services.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office 365 Applications (Outlook / Word / Excel).
- Strong candidates will be detail-oriented, collaborative, have excellent communication skills, have a natural curiosity / love of learning, and be able to work with minimal supervision or training.
- Anova is a small firm with a close-knit culture; we are seeking a team player willing to pitch in for the greater good.
Anova Consulting Group, LLC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
This is a 6-month contract position and the work is primarily during the hours 8:30AM – 5:30PM but from time to time will involve evenings and weekend work.
Remote is acceptable if combined with in-office days as needed.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please forward your resume to: email@example.com